Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hello everybody..

Well its been a little time since my last post but I wanted to stop by and share some ideas that I have. I have been really working on getting licensed as a home childcare provider. And although I am scared of the idea and I am working hard to get all things done, I still have been crafting (a little bit). I am also trying to get the kids ready for school, well the oldest is already back. But I have two others to work on. And honestly now that I am not working, I don't know if I really want the other 2 to go to the school right around the corner. I mean it is the first time that we had a school within walking distance that I wanted the kids to go to. I had been driving the boys since 5th grade for our oldest and kindergarten for the our second oldest. But even before that I didn't want our oldest to ride a bus to school so I would walk with him (summer months only) and then drive all the rest of the year. But that was in MN but now there is good weather all year long. And when I was working I liked being able to walk with the kiddo to school in the morning. I mean the school literally is in our backyard.

The school is ok, but honestly I like the idea of smaller class sizes and full day kindergarten that might start later in the morning?? So whenever I wanted these options in MN I went with a charter school and it seems that I might have to do the same thing again. And so I have been working hard at looking for other options. And believe it or not there are lots of options here for schools.

So enough about that...I am currently working on a menu planner and monthly calendar. I should say that I am in the process of designing one. I haven't done any planning yet but I started my list of what I want the book to have in it.
I know that I need it to have a monthly at a glance calendar section, and a weekly calendar section that allows me to write a little info. I know that it also has to have a 1/2 sheet in the middle of the 2 pg weekly calendar section for me to write a weekly menu for all three meals daily and also a section to write a grocery list.

I don't want this to be a super big calendar/menu planner but it has to be at least 11 inches tall. I don't know exactly how wide it will be at this point and I haven't created the calendar pages as of yet because I have been searching for ideas online. But haven't found many that are helping me in my decisions. 

Well I am off to get something done but when I get a chance I will make sure to take photos of the project as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment