Friday, April 16, 2010

I am so excited because I have found a solution to my storage and new product process that frees up more time for me to get some crafting done. I only craft for 15-20 mins every few days or so. And if I really want to accomplish something I usually pack up a little tote and bring it upstairs and work on it while the kids are watching tv.
But on to my point, I was spending an hour or more each time I went into my space to update my die/stamp/ink log. And although I love having it because it prevents over spending; I need to spend more time crafting and less money buying. So I decided no more removing all new items from their packaging and storing them as soon as I get them...no! I am now going to only store my stamps in cd cases when I have actually opened the pack to use on a card! That's my goal. Plus am I am out of cd cases and want to convert to the Stampin' Up dvd cases...and there won't be any shopping right now.


Yesterday I actually had more time to make cards ...one for the real estate agent, one for my sister and surely one for my Grandma. I am so excited because I used several new stamps, papers and products and it was so nice to use what I have instead of storing it and then looking for it in the piles of new items. And new doesn't mean just purchased but its I had purchased and not stored yet.

Here are a couple of the cards that I made and the list of supplies.
For a real estate agent in Arizona I made this card.




Supplies:
Cs/PP: Tan cs-Bazzill basics, Bloom & Grow pp-MME, green pp-MME, Kitchen spice nutmeg- Bo bunny, Urban Prairie Blue bird-Basic Grey


Dies/Tools : Sizzix branch w/leaves, Spellbinders Scalloped ovals, TH distress tool (edge distressing)

inks/pens: Distress inks (added water to a spritzer with perfect pearls to create a mist)-spiced marmalade, wild honey, fired brick (used on the leaves)


ribbon: I believe that this was from AMM it is very old and it has been in my stash forever...I hated using the very last pieces so I only stapled it on the card (TH attacher) instead of tying it.

A jumbo thank you for my sister:


Supplies:
Most of the papers/cs are listed above.
Buttons: from stash (various companies), twine-Walmart
Lettering: rubons-MM, and thanks-AC, letter stickers- Provo Crafts girls are weird letters
Dies/Tools: Nesting label- QK, TH distress tool
Stamps: Elephant- Studio G
inks/stamp pads: TH distress inks- fired brick, Stamping Essential markers, colors pencils, gamsol.


Also I worked on little Daniel's album and it is almost done! I am so excited about it because I am hoping that it will be able to be sent out so that the customer's sister can get it on mother's day.
I plan on sharing those pages later today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment