Friday, November 5, 2010

A quick update. I know I am off by a couple of days with my blogging schedule. But I have good reason. I have been a painting sista! But to be honest I am not even close to being done either. But I wanted to stop in and show off some of the projects because there is just so many things to share.
Ok, I have said it a bunch of times that this place is only temporary but I couldn't live here for a few months or so without having something that made it feel a little like home for us. And since I can't paint the walls or even buy all the furniture for the house that we are going to be living in until we get into it...I am going to make it a comfy as I can with what I can get for cheap.


So here is what the girls' room looks like was you are entering...


I got those curtains at Savers for $3.99 a panel. And I bought two other ones because when we move I want these to come with us. I am hoping that their room won't have more than 2 windows or I will be in some serious trouble lol. You can also see the dresser from the side. It has a ton of items that I got while hitting garage sells this last couple of weeks.


And here are the girls playing on their bed.
We actually have two beds but only put up one because we haven't purchased the mattress for the other one because I want then both to have springs instead of a box spring. Plus they sleep in the same bed together right now and I am ok with that.


The little table will be replaced with a nice night stand or side table that has a drawer that hopefully I will paint to make the dresser. And I have been looking all over the place for material that is really nice to match the colors of their room. The little baby bed thingie next to the bed was purchased at a garage sale as well for $3 and the head and foot boards were purchased at Savers for $10. I got the mattress new. And the wall art was created by the girls and me. It was fun. They wanted to put their hands in paint all day after that was done but it turned out great...here is a close up.
There are buttons, my own home made mists, acrylic paint, ribbons and stitching...all on one painting. But there are going to be other frames added and 2 8x10 canvases of the girls and some other photos. I just haven't gotten around to all that just yet. I have all the materials, just not all the time to get them done just yet.

I also got my desk painted and it is sitting in the corner of my bedroom. I swore I'd never scrapbook in our bedroom again but hey I am glad to get that space cause I have been wanting to do more and not having a "space" was driving me nuts!!! Big time. I will most likely still scrapbook at the dinning room table but only while Vele is trying to get some sleep and I am working on something that I just gotta get done.

I don't know why but I keep forgetting the before and after photos but hey it all turned out nice in the end. But of course I still have a huge to do list for their room as well as the boys and also every other room in this place as well. I can't wait to move into the house so that we can put colors on the walls. I hate white walls! I really do. But if I can I will fill these rooms with so much color that I won't notice that the walls are white. LOL!
I gotta go the girls are screaming (this is how they play) and it is starting to get to me so I know that it has to be bothering someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment