Sunday, March 25, 2012

A 10th All Star Birthday wish

That's what I hope for my soon to be 10 yr old son... I finally went into the office/ scrap space and decided that it was time that I worked on something. But the list is long and there are many pages that I want to start but know that I won't be able to finish because I don't have pictures to use.



In fact I haven't printed any pictures at home in a while and I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with my Epson. I love that printer. And although I have several ink refills; the paper that I have used forever (Epson premium photo paper) keeps getting caught in the printer. My printer is really eating the paper and also smearing ink at the same time. And this is both waisting money ( a 50 pack of that paper is almost $35 ) and ink. And the last time I took photos to Sam's club I was so disappointed in the prints that I will never do that again.


And so I decided to work on some cards. I planned to use some of the supplies that I have in basket that are newer items. And although there are a few nice things in there, the only card that I could decide to make was for my son's 10th birthday coming up in May. This is what the finished product looks like....
The supplies that I used are all from my stash and most are really old. Except for the red twine, which I picked up about a month or so ago from Micheals. Its from WRMK, it's their sew easy fancy floss. And I have to say that I love how easy it is to work with but its the only item that I actually used from the basket of newer items. The stars are from a 4th of July $1 bin item from Ms too, and the big star is diecut using my spellbinders nesting star dies. The #10 is cut from QK Diesel Grand ( can I say it again how much that I absolutely love this set!!) The banner flags are hand cut from 1/4th of an inch stripes of Cosmo Crickets really old paper line called Twist and Shout/ Get Happy Number 9. I remember how I searched high and low to get this set and I have had it over 3 yrs and I still go to it for the colors. The only issue is that the stripes were always too large to use on a card face and I would always opt to use something else. So I decided to cut thinner stripes and use them how I wanted...and so that is what I did. I love the fun bold primary colors of this card. I also used Basic Grey 6x6 patterned papers too. I forgot what the line is called but it was perfect for the card. The stamps are all from my stash, I believe that the all star is from an old WRMK 99 cent set and the happy Bday is from a studio G set. The card size is 5.5inch by 6 inches. And I will be cutting an envelope for it using my Cricket. But all the dies were cut using my Big Shot (I still love this machine even after all these years!) Almost forgot one of the best parts of the card, the hand stitching around the star. That was so relaxing. I just pre-poked the holes and then pulled some turquoise bakers twine apart and used a single thread to stitch on the card.


I am hoping that I can pull a few more things out to tryout since that basket is getting so full and I have made a promise to myself not to buy anything until I have actually used what I have on a project. It also has helped me to not spend any money on scrapbooking supplies.



I don't have to work this week so I am hoping to get a lot of scrapbooking done, well after I pull weeds from my front yard. I have to say that I am so shocked by how quick weeds can grow even here in the desert. I also have a few other projects I want to get finished around the house so scrapbooking might not happen as much as I'd like but I am hoping that I can have the chance to get something done to share. Until next time, Smiles, Tracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment