Sunday, March 15, 2009

A page and a card!

I made a quick page for my wall calendar (May 2009 calendar page). It was really a simple page and I made one big mistake...I started journaling in the wrong shade pen and so I went over it and did the rest in the color that I really wanted to use.

But all supplies have been in my stash forever and ever! I decided that since I had so many chatterbox patterned papers and that I rarely use them now I needed to pull them out and use them. I also used both Quickutz (the monkey die) and also Sizzix dies (the words are done in doodlebug block lowercase and Boys will be boys).



And also a really quick card that I made for my Aunt... Don't look Aunt Betty! LOL
But it was one of the most fun cards that I have made in a while because it was a new to me kind of card. I have always made A1 size cards and rarely anything else. But this card is a long card that actually fits inside a letter size envelope. I liked making this so much that I think that I am going to make a few more of these soon.



On another note...we finally found out that our oldest got into a program that he has been wanting to get into but wasn't in the right grade (has to be entering 7th grade) and he made it in. It isn't a fun only program and it has a 2 yr commitment. He was accepted in because of his letters of recommendation, GPA, leadership committee and some other things. But it does mean that he will be giving up a month of summer and every other weekend while attending the program! But he believes that it is worth every single sacrifice. It will be an adjustment for us all because we never attend school types of summer programs or summer school. I like offering them fun things to do in the summer since I think that they work so hard all year, and need a break from the routine of homework/studying and writing papers. But I support him in this decision 100% and hope that it is a fun as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment