Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Well I have a minute or two to check in, well that depends on how long the little one sleeps for a nap. My 7yr old is working on his spelling words and my two yr old is sitting here at the desk in my lap. But that is because I am trying to prevent her from attacking the salmon patties that I have cooling for lunch. She loves them!!! I just gotta figure out what we are having besides the patties. I often wonder if other people still eat these? They were something from my childhood that I swore that I would never make for my kids although I liked them, I didn't love them. And just like peanut butter, hot dogs, and roman noodles they went into the do even think about buying them section. Well my kids have friends and other family members who have introduced them to all of the things on that list and of course we have had to buy these things occasionally so that they can have some of them. Well everything except peanut butter because we have 2 that are allergic to it.


So I was checking sites for a dessert that I could make for dinner tonight. We don't have dessert but twice a week but this week my oldest turns 13 so I am breaking the rules a little. I saw a great dessert called Oreo delight on Becky Higgins's site and decided to try it out since I had all the ingredients but I really am questioning the cream cheese and the pudding...that might be a bit too much. But we will see. I usually don't like things that are too sweet and personally I don't care for oreos but my oldest loves them in fact the whole crew loves them. So besides chicken noodle soup (completely from scratch) and cornbread, and a small salad that is what's for dinner. I just hope that it won't be a late one today.


So I have been busy still with the postcard type greeting cards for my husband and a co-worker. Here is what they look like so far for my hubby. They are really simple. A computer generated greeting with a stamped image at the top and some ribbon. I have completed over 60 of them but he wants more. I think I am going to stop at 150. He has way more customers than that and it would take me forever and cost a small fortune to do cards for everyone on his route but we are pushing to do a lot more this year. I was thinking of having the kids help me and paying them for their help (maybe 10-25 cents per postcard) they could easily make some more money for Christmas gifts for each other.


Well I had some other things to share but my times up. So I will check back in and post pictures that I took of the kids in a few days or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment