Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ain't no sunshine...

I have had the most fun making some cards last night. I have been wanting to get the perfect quote for a card that I have had in my mind for weeks. But none of the saying that I could find seemed to fit the card that I wanted to make. And it just came to me as I began to make the card. It was an old song that I remember hearing growing up....ain't no sunshine....since you've been gonna way. I honestly have no idea who sings it, but I plan on googling it and purchasing it to play while I make the kits that I am planning on making.


The papers on the card are all Webster's pages and MME/Fancy pants. The greeting was created on the computer and then cut using my spellbinders die. The clouds are from a Hero Arts set and the umbrella/parasol was cut using my Big shot and the QK parasol die. The seam binding type ribbon is from my local scrapbook store and I hand dyed it using Crushed olive and perfect pearls. And then I burned the ends using my heat gun. The button is from my stash and the twine is from Martha Stewart.

I don't do vintage but feel that this is my attempt to use a vintage color palette but in a fresh way.
Each kit will have (3)6x6 Webster's pages pp, (1) 6x6 Fancy Pants/MME pp, (2) 6x6 white cardstocks, (1) A2 peach-ish colored card base, (2) greeting printed on the same peach-ish colored cardstock and 1yard of hand dyed seam binding, plus 2 buttons and some twine. I am thinking that these kits would be about $7.00 plus 2.00 shipping and handling.
So the cost would be under $10 and you'd have enough supplies to make this card twice. If you are interested in the kit please leave a comment or peamail on twopeasinabucket.com.

2 comments:

  1. Please leave a comment if you are interested in this kit. Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is pretty :)
    Maggie
    http://cuttingabove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete