Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Good morning everyone. I am sitting here trying to get this post done before our day really starts up here because I won't be able to get anything done then. Well today LeiLani turns 4 yrs old and I am so excited for my little one. She has been talking about her birthday since mine lol and can't wait to actually celebrate it...we have plans on throwing her a very very small party at home.

But I wanted to get on here and show off my latest cards that I have made. There are several family and friends that are having babies and I have decided that this would the perfect time to get cards made since I sold off my entire stock of them before leaving MN.


The first batch of cards will be baby boy and I originally had planned on just stamping images and going with that but then I thought this would be a great time to start using the cricut for cards. I have always loved making cards and using diecuts so why should I start using only stamps since it means that I actually have to test out a bunch of things to get the machine to do what I want. I will admit that I don't love all the cricut images but there are a lot of them that I can make work once you remove some of the tick/cut lines that they put on them for you to follow as details. I don't know why but I consider myself a plain diecut kinda girl although my diecuts don't look plain to me once they are finished. But I love this finished card. I made one to send and one to keep for myself.


What do you think for my first cricut expression card...of course, I still found a way to use my old Big Shot on the card too...lol can't just put it into early retirement...after all its been my loyal tool for over 5yrs now. Also the mouth on the turtle was Ani's idea totally, its from the center of the border that I created. There was all these little curved pieces and she picked them up and said, Mom can you glue the mouth of the turtle on for me...and voila I have a mouth for the turtle! I know that there is a little crafter in the making for sure now! LOL...




Diecuts
Cricut carts Paisley (turtle), Stand and Salute (border), Lacy labels (label)
Spellbinders-circle nesting dies

Embellishments
Joann Fabric- heart felt trim ribbon (iron on kind, just glued down with glue dots)
Walmart-buttons, white twine
Dollar Tree- google eyes
Target-twill ribbon (was on a set of kitchen towels)

Cardstock
American Crafts and Bazzill

Patterned papers
My Minds Eye-Abbey and So Sophie

Ink
Colorbox chalk ink-blackbird, olive pastel, lime pastel, sour apple, robin's egg

Stamp
Fiskars baby set (cut greeting apart to use it without the image)



And since today is Ani's actual birthday here is a photo of her owl that she helped make to go on a letter that we have to get in the mail this morning for Great Grandma Jessie. She has been learning to write her letters (actually just her name and then we will work on the rest of the letters in alphabetical order) and the inside of the letter just has Ls on it. We haven't done anything else for the whole week but learn to write capital L and spot itin books and listen for things that have the L sound. She has been loving it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment