Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just a little update...


I have been busy cleaning (or at last trying to) and organizing the entire house. And so I took a little break and created a card. It was really nice to be in my space and work on something that was fun. Well the card was inspired by another scrapper but I did change a her sketch. This card is going to be sent to my Grandma and the inside is stamped so that the front says: Guess who and the inside says: ...Is missing you! Sorry that the scan looks so bad, but my camera's batteries were dead (I hate when that happens) and so I had to scan the card.

Patterned papers are Fancy Pants crush, Penny for your thoughts graph paper, and very very old tape measuring pp-that was sold at Wal-mart (cut a strip off).
Stamps are hearts in a row, and swirl stamp-unknown, owl stamp-Hero Arts and very old wood mounted alpha stamps. Heart rub-on is from Heidi Grace rub-on sheet. I used EK success and Prismacolor coloring pencils to color in the owl. Spellbinders frame embossing die id the frame behind the owl, and I used chestnut roan chalk ink, and worn lipstick distress ink (TH). The ribbon is from Basic Grey, I used jewels on the eyes and also some old Wal-mart brand pop squares behind the owl.

After finishing it I thought wow those colors would be great for Easter cards and so I thought about making some but decided that I wanted to wait and see if there is any other pp that would work better with some bunny rub-ons if not I could just stamp a bunny...it's not like I don't have a few to choose from. But I did make 3 more for my card stash. This card used a lot of products and it is the first image that I have ever colored in with color pencils.
I have been reorganizing my idea planner, my die/stamp log planner and also working on creating a great method for storing card/page sketches. It would be nice to find on that really works because I collect the sketches and recently thought about the fact that I rarely go to them to create a layout or card. I think it's because they sit in a binder on a shelf and to be honest the binder is way too big. So I am debating on transferring both set of sketches to an index card system. I think that would be a lot easier but it would take time to do all the sketches so I might just stick with the current ones and work from there and eventually I will need to go through the binders and weed out sketches that aren't my style. But that's what's going on here in my little scrappy space.






No comments:

Post a Comment