Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A quick update just for you all that are waiting to see the mini album that I am working on. I plan on getting photos of it taken this week and have it dropped off at the Scrapbook Shop so that you can stop in and check it out.

The photos won't be upload here for a few days but the newsletter for the store will show some of the first pages. I have to say that I packed this album full of all kinds of things that I loved and even things that I had been wanting to use but never did. I also have to say that I pretty much blew my budget on the class two times over! I mean who could decide between one line of papers or any other. Especially when you drive over 50 miles to get them. But its all worth it! I mean this is how I scrapbook and so I have to get the best items even if it means I have to go outta my way to get them.

Let's see what else is going on? Well I have decided that my oldest is going to attend an online school and he is excited about that. More so than being home schooled by me alone. Don't get me wrong he was excited about being at home and being home schooled but we went and checked it out and knew immediately that it might be better for him. He'll still be home but the best thing is he does all of his work on the computer.

But I picked up some homeschooling items for my younger son and he is excited. I just have to do some research and price checking on getting him into some kind of activity in the day. I don't really know what but something fun. And exhausting...he really needs to burn off some energy!

I just wanted to say something also about a great man who passed away this last week. He was my hubby's uncle. And he was amazing! Honestly. He and I never met in person but he rocked with a capital R! I wish I would have gotten to meet him before he passed away. I am not sure of all the details but I know that he had a long battle with cancer and he passed away when he seemed to be getting better. I can remember one of the first conversations that I had with him and he told me that whatever I was doing to keep it up because he could see that Vele was happy. I can also remember thinking wow he is so down to earth and that he seemed so fun, educated, and silly all in one. I think it's because of the relationship that Vele had with him that I was able to love Vele so easily. Ray was Vele's role model. And there were times when Vele didn't know what to do about a situation and he would pick up the phone and call his Uncle in CA. I cried when telling Vele that he had passed on. He was just a truly amazing person. And Vele truly has been changed by his passing but we know he is in a better place. But Uncle Ray will be missed...Surf on Uncle Ray.... Surf on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment