Thursday, October 8, 2009

Scrapbooker or Cardmaker?

I love making cards! I truly do and recently I was on my favorite site and there was a thread asking if you are a scrapbooker who makes cards or a cardmaker who scrapbooks? This question is not that easy because I am both. It depends on what I am doing and what I have going on in my life at that time. If I am working on orders for cards, I tend to scrapbook for myself and when I am making premade albums or pages I tend to make cards for myself. But I will say although I love scrapbooking and it is what I started out doing so many many years ago, I do like making cards more. It is more satisfying to sit down and make 5-10 cards in a few hours instead of making one or two pages in a few hours. I scrapbook slowly so a couple of pages could take hours especially considering that I am home with the kids and when they need something I stop scrapbooking and take care of them. That isn't a real issue when making cards because you can stop and start right back up where you were before. Sometimes I loose the mood to do my own pages because of all the interruptions so some pages sit on my desk for weeks before I get them done. But maybe that means that I need to go to a couple of crops every month so I would have uninterrupted time for scrapbooking/card making.



Well I have a card to share with everyone. I love Chatterbox papers (the old ones especially) and I have tons of them but don't use them that often. And I am not sure why because at one point it was the only company that I used products from. But I made a card last night that I thought for a second OMGoodness I want to keep this one for myself. But I am not going to but thought I would share it with you all.


Supplies
Chatterbox patterned paper, and tag, Martha Stewart transportation stamps (boat). I stamped the boat 4x in the 4 different colors and cut it apart and layered it to make it the colors that I wanted. Ric rack felt-Walmart, Fiskars border punch, Fancy Pants fish pin, Studio G baby stamps (Welcome little one). Glue dots (pop dots used).
Well I am off to get a few hours of sleep and prepare for tomorrow. Goodnight, Smiles Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment