Saturday, December 1, 2012

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas...

Or at least my house is! Our neighborhood is too. I am not as excited about all the Christmas light traffic that is coming but I can at least enjoy the fact that I am working on making our home look better each season/holiday that we share in it.

I really do have to admit that I am starting to really see our home change into a place that no longer is builder grade but is starting to have it's own character. I am working on it. It is a process, but it is moving along. And I haven't been posting much here because I have been busy doing little projects. They aren't huge or exciting things so I didn't take pictures but we have been working on updating our home. And enjoying our family. My father-in-law has recently moved back to the area from Prescott and so now I have been planning dinners and activities that we all can do together.

I am so excited about the things that are going on and really wish that I had tons of pictures to share but I don't, first of all my tripod broke, and then to add to the issue, my camera is taking really blurry pictures. But I have been learning to work with it while being on the look out for an affordable new point and shoot camera.

Well I do have one photo to share. This is a photo of our Christmas mantel.



 I have been wanting a mantel but not a fireplace (its to hot here to have one in our home) so after reading and researching shelves. I decided the raw wood shelf that I could stain was a great idea. And my hubby made it and I stained it and the brackets and it was done. I then pulled several items that I had gotten for really cheap at garage sales. I have to say it almost all fit together like a puzzle. And there are many things that I still plan on hanging our stockings with some really nice permanent hooks. Well until next time...Smiles, Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment