Friday, September 18, 2009

I was watching the news this morning and saw information on a walk for Down Syndrome (the biggest for the twin cities area) and it is for families. I had never heard of this before and I have to say that I just have to participate in it! I immediately called the Down Syndrome Association of MN http://dsamn.org/ and registered. They have tons of things going on but it all is for charity for children with down syndrome and it is a focus on children participating. And the reason why we are participating in this event is really simple...it's all about family. Both living and those who have passed on.


My little sister was born with Down Syndrome and her name was Jasmin Alicia Walton. She
passed away in November of 2004 and I miss her every single day. Although she was my sister, our relationship wasn't of sisters it was much more. She was so much more...and her passing away still hurts but this is something that I can do to celebrate her. She will always be loved....always!


We have another family member also who has down syndrome, our nephew David. He is a very year. I need to make sure that I stop calling him little. I keep picturing him as I last saw him...6 or 7 years old playing with his little cousin (my son). But here a picture of my handsome nephew....






No comments:

Post a Comment