Friday, September 4, 2009

Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with me? Honestly, I have enough to do in any given day, but somehow I continue to volunteer to do something else.


My oldest wanted a school planner and so he wanted me to make one for him. It would have been so much easier to go to Walmart to buy one but it was something that he wanted us to do together. I do have to say that he has tons of notebooks, story books he's made and even a new day runner he found at a local thrift store (yes, he wanted a planner with the money that he got to spend there). He loves to write, and he does great stories but he isn't organized at all. So this is my one millionth attempt to help him in that area.

It was easy to create in MS word (using a table) and then I asked him if he liked it, he gave me some feedback and then headed to bed. Now that is what I should have done too...but instead I headed to the scrap space and picked out stickers, rub-ons, calendar stamps, images and tons more that he could use to create a planner he loved.

So today he picked what he liked and we were working on it all day long. It was the first day in awhile that we actually stayed in. I can't even tell you if it was a nice day or not...it was a planner making day lol lol! I know that I have tons of other things to do and I really should be doing some of them but it was nice to take some time and work on a project with the kids. And now each of them have a notebook/planner or sticker book.

But here is what I made for my oldest... I told him that I would add it here because he just wanted to show it off to everyone.



Besides the word document, everything else was his decision. He did it his way...and it turned out just fine for what he needs it for, but it was hard not to take over and do it the way that I thought it should look. But that is just part of the crafter/Mom in me. LOL

Well that's enough for tonight. But here are some photos of the crew for the family. I swear Nya still looks like my MIA. And she is adorable! All the kiddos have looked like my MIA at first and then they start looking like either my hubby or me.


No comments:

Post a Comment