Saturday, September 12, 2009

Summers almost over (boo hoo)

That's what I wish it was! I wish it was a day where there weren't tons of things to do. But of course that's not the case at all. I love that school started but will admit that summers are my most favorite time of the year and it is starting to get dark here a lot earlier. I do love the fall colors and taking great family pictures in the leaves, but fall comes so fast and it's gone just as quick. And we all know what comes after fall. But I will rewind it a little lol lol it was hot today, humid hot. I loved it too! lol lol!!

I actually do have some great stuff to share (other than the weather).... I scrapbooked last night, I finished a page that I had started working on a few weeks ago. I had been planning on getting the rest of the year's scrapbook pages on the actual calendar but only got started on one page when I got distracted with homeschool organization.
But here is the layout that I created
Supplies used for the layout are
Paper: October Afternoon apples cut from the Detours fruit stand, and Cherry Hill's cookie jar strip. Cosmo Cricket's Girl Friday Wednesday graph paper and also the green lined sheet from early bird? unsure of the name.
Embellishments: MM just chillin' boys trims (star ribbon)and glitter brads, pencil brad from Oriental Trading, and Basic Grey button. Jenni Bowlin alpha stickers. American Crafts orange embossing powder.
Diecuts/embossing folders: Coluzzle oval circle, Cuttlebug star embossing folder, Fiskars bracket border punch, Quickutz central park alpha, and Sizzix Wingo Zingo alpha border, and Doodlebug block lowercase alpha (the letter t in to).
Stamps: Star acrylic stamps, small wooden alpha stamps.

It was inspired by a thought that I wanted to use the entire border strip from Sizzix's wingo zingo alpha border. I had been planning on using it for a while but could never get it to work with my previous school year pages and the # of photos but this time it worked out perfectly.
Well I am off to try and get some plans together. I have an upcoming order and I am excited about making baby cards. I also have to make a customized Alabama mascot card. I have the sketch already done and I know exactly where I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment