Thursday, May 23, 2013

An airplane birthday card

Well I started making a card for my son's 11th birthday. And originally I thought to use the papertrey airplane stamps that I had purchased a few yrs ago and so that is what I did.

And that card was absolutely adorable which totally was an issue.An eleven year old doesn't  like adorable. So I had to create another card that wasn't as adorable. But more pre-teen then he is.

But here is the card that I originally made. See isn't it cute!

But what I realized is that my card making skills are rusty and I really need to get to making more cards again for both my stash and maybe for my etsy shop too. So I plan on making a new card once a week this summer.

But the good part about the card is that I actually used patterened papers that I hadn't used in forever. I hadn't used any chatterbox papers in over a year. And it was really nice to pull out something from those lines that I just had to have.

And for the actual card that I made for him is below. I can't say that I love it. But he did.  I used my polaroid die from Quickutz. It is really old and I have had it well over 3 yrs (even longer) but I decided that I should use it since it would be the first time that I actually used that die. Sad but true.

No comments:

Post a Comment