Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Happy 4th Birthday

I completed a card for one of the May31 challenges. I needed to use the projects that I took from the challenge what worked for me since I was in a rush to get a card done for my daughter's birthday this week. I know that the challenge was to complete a project in minutes (I forgot how many) but it took me 45 minutes to make this card with supplies that I had on my desk that I was planning to use.

So here is the completed the card.
I used a lot of the ideas for the 4yr old birthday page that I did for my oldest daughter. I used pretty much the same punches and dies that I had sitting on my desk. I didn't use a stamped image because I picked up these stickers from the dollar store a few months back and I thought that they would be amazing for birthday cards. And as it turns out it was. I have 5 more stickers from the collection and I plan on making 3 more cards and then giving the rest to the girls for their scrapbooking stash. The stickers are of a couple of ice-cream cones, a cake and a donut. I altered the cupcake sticker that I put on the front of this card by cutting off the waffle cone looking thing that was sticking out the side of the sticker.

I haven't used stickers in forever, well image stickers because I got rid of most of them before we moved but now I can see that sometimes they are the perfect thing for a birthday card. The actual card measures 6inches wide by 5 inches high.   I need to make my son's birthday card because his birthday is tomorrow. Smiles, Tracy

PS the supplies are
Dollar Tree 6stickers
Spellbinders dies standard circle large, pinking circles large
Quickutz diesel alphabets, Aligator unicase alphabets and polka dots embossing folder
EK Sucess Star punch and triangle punch
American crafts ribbons
and Colorbox chalk ink pads

No comments:

Post a Comment