Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Sunshine and Happiness

This layout was a little hard to create. I really wanted the page to be bright and there really wasn't any papers in my stash that I wanted to use on the layout that seemed as bright as I wanted.

But then I saw the Echo Park a perfect summer collection and knew that I had to have it in order to get the page that I wanted. So I headed to my local scrapbooking store which is a little under an hour away and picked up the few papers that I wanted for the page plus some clearance papers for 49 cents. And those papers that I got on clearance were from a line that I wanted over a year ago that I just couldn't purchase at that time from MME. I love MME if you haven't learned from seeing so many pages that I create using their papers.

So here is the layout that I created.


I absolutely love the finished page. It is another layout that I completely had sketched out what I wanted to do and although I printed the photos to fit the sketch exactly, I ended up changing the smaller pics from being vertical under the big photo to being horizontal. And I like this a lot better.

The journaling reads: For our family of 6; living in 1000 sq ft was truly hard. The apartment was always dark and we had very noise neighbors all time of the day or night. But the one thing we all found happiness in was the pool. We'd spend hours at the pool in the sunshine swimming, splashing and playing together. It was truly the only reason we ever went back to the apartment besides sleeping. And its the only thing we miss about living there.

The supplies used were:
papers- Pink Paislee-cozy sweater 2011, Echo Park-endless summer big dots and chevron lines, recollections-yellow honeycomb paper
diecuts- circles handcut after tracing using large acrylic shapes from an acrylic sheet (I believe Fancy Pants), banners cut by hand, & sign cut from Blossom grand alphas, happiness cut from lawn fawn stamps/diecut set
embellishments- label-Jillibean soup, Enamel dots- MME, flair button- American Crafts (set I got from big lots), shinny bling- Micheals store brand, Doodlebug black rub-ons
Stamps- Lawn Fawn Quincy alpha, Catslife Press place stamp, Imaginisce sunshine stamp (snag em line).

No comments:

Post a Comment