Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Just a few cards made with the mini album kit remains. lol

I have been busy working on making cards for this month. May is my busiest month for making cards for my family and friends. Well besides November and December. lol But May is super busy at our house mostly because my Mom’s birthday, Mother’s Day, LaTrele and then LaNya’s birthdays are all in this month. And if my Dad was still living we would be celebrating his birthday before LaTrele. And then there are also graduation cards for family members that are going to graduate. And this year that would be my nephew David. So this month is jammed packed with events that need a greeting card to go along with a nice little gift. And that means that this month will be the one that you see a lot of cards from me (well I hope).

So last night I decided that the card that I wanted to make for my mom should use the fox stamp from Imaginisce that I have been hoarding forever. And no matter what I tried to change the greeting to it just seemed to come back to what I thought my mom would like more than anything else. So this is what it ended up being…






I just hope that she likes it because it was kinda weird to call my mom a foxy moma but hey I figured that is what she would like more than a foxy lady? All the papers are from the mini album kit that I am selling at my etsy shop and these are what were left over after making the mini album. I am challenging myself to use only what I have left over from that kit so that I can show just how much extra is in the kit once you have created the mini album. I don’t have copic markers and so I used the supplies that I had to color the fox. I used both coloring pencils and markers to color him. And as I have stated before, I know nothing really about shading so I did what I thought would look right. I might not win an award for coloring but my mom will like it. Ok and since I touched the topic of not having copic markers I might as well say that I don’t think that I will not get some one day, but I just can’t justify spending money on them because I have so many other coloring tools that I don’t use. And once I have used them…then maybe one day I can get some copic markers?



And then I decided to make one for my cousin whose birthday is the first week of June. Might as well get that one done. She is my favorite cousin & best friend and so I really felt like the foxy lady fit her!

So after making the fox cards I thought I should get started on mother’s day cards. I usually make different cards for each person in my family but this year I think I will make them look the same but have different greetings (maybe). My Mom and Grandma’s cards are always the first to be made and so these are the cards that I made for them.

I finally used my QK die that I just had to get at a lss garage sale almost a year ago. It is so funny because I worked at the garage sale (somewhat) and I stalked that die and couldn't’t wait to get it but once I got it home I realized that I might have to wait a whole year to use it. I then sprayed it with perfect pearls perfect bronze mist and black soot reinker. I love how that turned out and then I wrapped knitting thread around it to make it feel more real! The greeting is handwritten. I saw it on a website and thought I can’t buy any stamps until I use the ones that I have! So I then added it to my wish list. I also used other things that I have had in my stash and never used before. The CB paisley embossing folder and the leaf pin have been in my stash for well over a year but I kept trying to add them to the “right” card…this one was it! The buttons are random ones from my stash.




Now I only have 6 more cards to make using the same design, scraps from the kit and other stamps or dies that fit Mother’s day themes…And just a day to get them done and in the mail. Well we will see what happens. Lol lol

No comments:

Post a Comment